Downton Abbey Tours
Downton Abbey Day Tour 2014
Group tours for 2014 are SOL DOUT but we have very special VIP dates for Highclere Castle and the village, with luxury transport, lunch, coffee at a private house in the village a truly special day. Contact us for details.
Our 2015 one day Downton Abbey Tours – 4th and 6th April 3rd August & 1st September 2015 BOOK NOW!
We offer a ONE DAY trip to Downton village and Highclere Castle, the itinerary is on our itineraries page. Our one Day tours includes your coach travel, entrance fees and your dedicated expert guide to take you around the locations and tell you juicy anecdotes from filming. These tickets sell out VERY fast so click on the booking link at the top of this page to secure your place.
GEMS of DOWNTON Tour – available all year
When our Highclere Tours are sold out you can always see other Downton locations with us on a GEMS OF DOWNTON tour. This can include the Dower House where you meet the owner and have delicious full afternoon tea. Click here to see the itinerary
Scotland Downton Abbey Tour
This tour is based on the Downton 2012 Christmas Special. It is unique to us – click here – Downton Abbey in Scotland- you can pick and mix for your fully escorted tour. Meet the real Duke of Argyll and dine in his private dining room!
As soon as we watched the first episode Downton Abbey we knew it was going to be an international hit. The costumes, locations, script and cast are all out of this world. You will see several trips to Downton Abbey locations advertised, but what makes us different is that we have all the facts and snippets of information about the actors, the production the filming and the locations. We make it our business to research every last detail, and we love to share everything with you. Our tours are GUIDED by our expert guide so that you know exactly what you are seeing. Our renowned experts on Downton Abbey and British period dramas share anecdotes on filming, the actors, scripts, costumes and locations. We have a wealth of inside information and anecdotes about the actors, script, filming and locations.
Your choice of Downton locations
All year round we can take you to your selection of;
- Afternoon tea OR morning coffee at the private house used as the home of the Dowager Countess of Grantham played by Maggie Smith. We and our partner tour company are now the only tour operator able to visit this stunning private house. Cinderella the movie has just finished filming here too.
- Guided tour to the delightful Oxfordshire village used as Downton with a tour of ALL the filming locations. Coffee inside a cottage in the village and a chance to browse Downton memorabilia – half day
- The farm where Edith stays in Series 5
- Costume supper at a period location. We supply the costumes for you as part of the event!
- The fascinating English house once owned by Sir Ian Fleming’s family and used as Downton Place in Series 3 – short visit
- The house of Richard Carlisle in DA PLUS a tour of the film set of WWI trenches used in many films. This house was built by Alfred de Rothschild and is connected with Highclere very closely Half day
- The real life ‘downstairs’ kitchen used as the inspiration for the set for in Downton Abbey Half day
- The fabulous house used as the London home – Grantham House in Series 4
- The railway station used throughout Downton Series 1 – 4 Half day
Every item can be priced separately or as part of a package
Any of the locations can also be visited as a private tour, to find out more click hereCLICK HERE TO BOOK